As I mentioned last week, I’m the new columnist at Street Smart Brazil. Here’s my second article! The topic is telenovelas during the military dictatorship.
Thank you for reading!
PS – Comments are very welcome there, though I think you need to be logged in.
Just an announcement. I’m excited to say I’ve been contracted out to Street Smart Brazil’s blog as a weekly columnist where I’ll be writing about Brazilian culture. That means I’ll be linking to those posts from here every week, to tell you all about the newest post!
And for anyone in the SF Bay Area who is looking for Portuguese lessons here or even via Skype, get in touch with Luciana, the owner of Street Smart Brazil at firstname.lastname@example.org (or via her site).
Here’s my first column!
Here’s a video from my friend Luciana at Street Smart Brazil talking about confusing words. Enjoy!
If you’d like the breakdown of all the terms, it is written out here.
Hi folks, I received a message from Street Smart Brazil (which I wrote about last year, and which receives some of the most click-throughs from my site) with the news that they’ve totally redone their Portuguese learning site and that it’s better than ever! Here’s the message below!
I am so excited to share the news with you: Street Smart Brazil’s new website is up! We are fully 2.0. The new features include:
- A totally new look – o site está lindo!
- A “Meet the Team” page where you can meet our expert instructors
- Information on our Skype lessons and how Street Smart Brazil makes distant learning personal
- An integrated blog with video lessons and tips on the Portuguese language and the Brazilian culture
- An updated store with books, movies, music, and Street Smart Brazil merchandise
Discussion Forums on everything that is Brazilian